sotong's COMPLAIN corner

You will either like me a lot or you wouldn't know me at all. "Beauty" lies in the eye of the beholder. heheheh

Friday, May 26, 2006

y must follow hubby?

after the last trip from my bf's hometown ... i had this one question in my mind.

if i were to marry him, i would like to see that we can celebrate CNY at each other place on alternate year basis. Meaning that one year at my place and another year at my bf's place. .... hmmm .. what so big deal with this idea??

this is 20th century ... things and people's mind has eveloped .. i only know that in the old days, married women must follow their hubby coz hubby is the breadwinner-mah.

In my whole life, i've been celebrating every single BIG celebration with my family and friends around me. Instead of me following my future hubby every year, why don't we share our happy moment together? i too wanna let my future hubby experience my way of celebrating it.

OK, i'm prepared that some1 will comment that .. might as well we don't have to have wedding dinner. Well, if both parties parent agree, y not. Even some will comment that do not need to register at all ... THAT is impossible-loh. Coz, either party will not get any benefit if either one of them encounter some bad thing. And, if my information gathered is correct, when a baby is born, to register the baby birthcert, need a marriage certification-mah ... well .. i'm not sure

2 Comments:

  • At May 26, 2006 10:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    yes, u need marriege cert to get the father name there on the baby birth certificate.....

    hmmmmm the old chinese mind, boy IN and girl out, so the wife must follow the husband back for CNY, 2nd day of CNY then her turn to go home for CNY...(unless under exception case where the guy "married" to the girl, this will happened in old days when girl's family super rich or powerful...)

    try not to fight against the tradition or else you will be in very difficult position when in hubby's family...

    kekekeke this old man's comment, can be ignored then...

     
  • At May 27, 2006 5:07 PM, Blogger SooHK said…

    This is trick post right? I always believe a couple always shares and should tried to do things together. However in Reality, there are times what we do is something influence by others. Sometimes if one of the spouse follow another spouse "wants" too much, their relative will say aiyah gotta be strong, you are the man of the house. Or aiyah you need to control your husband..especially relative, they will always say follow tradition.

    Sometimes we need to let go and give "face" to your partner...as back in the 4 wall of the house, it can be anything...and its just both of you only...

    CNY, Alternate is the best, 1 year your family is priority, next year his..however still goes back to the other family but a later date...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home