sotong's COMPLAIN corner

You will either like me a lot or you wouldn't know me at all. "Beauty" lies in the eye of the beholder. heheheh

Friday, May 19, 2006

a LOST acquaintance

she's my ex-colleague who always dress differently (almost every single day!) and fashionable to work. She's really good in mixing and matching her dresses! I saw her at KTM last week and we had a short conversation and short laugh (talking bad bout some1 that we both know :D ). I even chat with her at yahoo messenger regarding my tulaness in my project.

Then, Monday, there was news that she was diagnosed as having colon cancer on Sat. I'm so shocked to hear this!! Even shocking news was that the cancer cell had spread to other part of her body. Meaning that it wasn't the initial stage of this tumour. She only felt pain when there was sudden swell on her stomach on that Sat. She was admited to ICU for operation. I heard that the operation to remove the tumour from her colon was a success. She was awake but she couldn't move nor talk. She was on the bed but she can hear clearly to other ppl converstaion. Since the cancer cell has spread to other part, she is still not in stable condition.

Just now, few of my colleagues were at the hospital to visit her. I sms them to ask her condition. They said she's not opening her eyes and lying weak on the bed (but stil alive). That sms from them is at 10.25pm (they left the hospital). Then at 11pm, my hp ringing. Saw my colleague number on my hp screen. Immeadiately i dun feel good and have a feeling she's goin to send me some bad news.

YUP ... .... .... she's crying while announcing the death of our dear ex-colleague. i'm wordless at that moment as it never cross my mind i shall never see her. Frankly speaking, i'm not closed to her as like my other colleague to her. But, i know her as we are in the same company and same project since this year. I did talk to her before. We do joke & laugh together before. We did have lunch & dinner together before.

I shall remember her (licia is her nickname she used in our project LAN chat) as the gal who always dress differently to work (and so far, she's the only colleague i know who dress that way)

4 Comments:

  • At May 19, 2006 7:49 PM, Blogger SooHK said…

    Heard about this...life is fragile treasure it...

     
  • At May 19, 2006 10:23 PM, Blogger multidimid said…

    My deepest condolences to your ex-colleague’s family in their hour of grief.

    Remember life implies death, and death implies life.
    Death is therefore as creative as birth, as necessary for action and consciousness, in your terms.
    Rest assures that death is another beginning. A death is just a night to her soul. She had lived before and will live again,

    In the entire fabric of your existence, this life is a brilliant, eternally unique and precious portion, but only a portion, from which you emerge with joy and understanding whether you die tomorrow or in years to come. The choice of life and death is always yours.

    There is always a reason to realize that each soul is making these decisions is a beautiful, healing and freeing experience.

    Death, however, does not exist in those terms. In the dawn of physical existence, men knew that death was merely a change of form.

     
  • At May 19, 2006 11:14 PM, Blogger chunwei.tan said…

    sighs...so sad...how fragile life is nowadays...only during moments like this, that would make us feel vulnerable...and to treasure what we have around us...be it friends or family...but sad to say, once the moment's past...we're back to our forgetful selves again...

     
  • At May 20, 2006 3:13 PM, Blogger k.t.x said…

    my deeepest condolence!!!!!!!

    came here via soo's.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home