sotong's COMPLAIN corner

You will either like me a lot or you wouldn't know me at all. "Beauty" lies in the eye of the beholder. heheheh

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

STUPID SCHOOL ASSIGNMENT (PART 1)

one cousin of mine (youngest) was told to come out with a "book" (dunno call what ... all i know is like our proposal type) ... regarding his family biodata.

So, he used some of our family photograph, elaborate on the photos, wrote details of each family member (to the extend of their hobby, occupation, etc). Then, the papers were binded with a very nice colored paper as the main page with title on it. My cousin comes from a poor family and they don't have a computer ( i did gave my very old pc ... the version before P1 ... and dunno how they use it, within a month, i cannot boot the cpu and monitor also rosak). My cousin also the "lazy" and "slow learner" type who has never use a computer before! I wouldn't want to waste my money to buy them a computer-loh. I believe, those staying at rural area manage to learn using a computer. It's really his attitude i.e. showing no interest in studies.

That's y, he writes instead of printed it out. When he passed up his assignment ... aiyo ... his teacher said the writing "senget" .. return the whole thing to my cousin and ask for a re-do!!!

STUPID-ar!! the papers and binding already seem to have cost my uncle alot money (hmmmm ... that money is enuf for my uncle one lunch meal). The teacher didn't even thought of the consequences of asking my cousin to re-do the whole thing!! Even if my cousin wanted to print out the assignment .. that lagi worst!! will cost my uncle few times of lunch meal-leh!!

I know the reason for the teacher to take this kind of action (to instill some kind of good value in my cousin such that he'll put in more effort in future assignment-mah). But, thinking that it already has cost my uncle's few lunch meal, i really believe there should be a better way to teach my cousin. Long time ago, when the computer era hasn't rule our country, ppl also writes their assignment-lah.

N, i also dunno what will my cousin learn from this assignment? The family ties-ar? What is has to do with the studies? I dun really know the syllabus taught in school nowadays liow. Y wanna waste money on the photos? Might as well ask my cousin to come up with an essay and diagram to show the relationship-lah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home